Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Last Straw

One of the plastic items I've noticed with the worst impact are straws.  These little, usually helpful, pieces of plastic are everywhere!  Though I've taken to drinking my drinks without a lid or straw they still seem to pop up.  Most notably was when I was at a chain Mexican restaurant for Cinco de Mayo.  I didn't think anything of it when my drink came with a straw until my boyfriend pointed it out.  Now one straw I can let slide, but then the waiter proceeded to bring me TWO additional straws for my soda refill and water.  Seriously?  Even if I wasn't trying to eliminate plastic I would have just transferred my straw instead of taking the time to open two new straws.  Since I've been searching the internet for plastic free options I know there is a better way and I could purchase a glass straw, but for now I'm just planning on going sans-straw and plastic lid.


No comments:

Post a Comment